Open enrollment-- HR Tips for a great open enrollment
Open enrollment can be a stressful time for HR professionals.
Whether they have a great HRMS / HRIS or a completely paper-based HR process, there are some good tips to follow.
Employee Benefit News has a great series on steps to improve open enrollment. We applaud them for trying to cover all of the bases-- it doesn't help with open enrollment, but Goofy does the same thing in this instructional video that we found.
Open enrollment tips from EBN:
1) Create a newsletter for each benefit type,
2) Experiment with social media,
3) Reach remote locations with dial and learn sessions before OE,
4) Provide a personal benefits counselor,
5) Make info accessible with quick hits,
6) Start early with password reminders,
7) One on one chats build trust,
8) Direct employees to vendor websites (employee self service),
9) Use enrollment coordinators,
10) Put information at employee's fingertips (requires HRMS).
These are great tips for improving open enrollment. A bad open enrollment or issues in the open enrollment process can create a lot of frustration and work. Take these steps to improve your open enrollment proces.
And, give us a call if we can help with HRMS / HRIS and employee self service (ESS).